This package was created in March 2019. I had a Heart of Awareness retreat scheduled at Esalen and it was the first retreat to be cancelled due to the pandemic. Instead, we pivoted and created my first online retreat. I had been teaching and doing groups online for about 5 years at that point, but this was the first time I tried to do an online retreat that was focussed primarily on meditation.
This package can be used to support any individual retreat. Begin by asking yourself:
How many days can I give myself to go in and deepen my awareness?
Look at your calendar. When can you schedule that time?
Be open to any period of time that feels right to you, even partial days.
Create a loose, but supportive schedule for yourself. You might consider including:
Movement time which could be guided by the Embodiment Practice videos
Meditation time which could be guided by the embodied meditation material
Contemplative time outside which could be supported by “The Four Ways” video below.
Videos, audio, and written material included:
- Retreat and Embodied Meditation, 27 minute video.
- 4 Videos Introducing Embodiment Practice, totaling 30 minutes.
- The Four Ways of Meditating: Sitting, Standing, Lying, and Walking, 13 minutes video giving postural and alignment instruction for each way of meditating.
- Guided Embodied Meditation, 9 minutes audio.
- Compassionate News Viewing, a two page hand-out.
- Excerpts from Heart Open, Body Awake: 4 Steps to Embodied Spirituality (2021, Shambhala Publications) when it was still a book in progress, 50 pages on Embodied Spirituality.
Buy video retreat here – Package $75
We’ve tried to make these materials affordable, however if this price is prohibitive for you, let us know.
Have a good retreat!