Thank you for your wise, joyful, truth telling, clear seeing, connected presence and teaching. I receive more from you in an hour than I could from others in a week.
— J.M., psychotherapist
Susan has the ability to reach through the video screen and make intimate contact with her audience. In addition, she is able to demonstrate posture, movement patterns, and movement qualities so skillfully, that the work feels quite embodied even online.
— M.B, psychologist
Body-Mind Psychotherapy Online Training
Body-Mind Psychotherapy Training was developed by Susan Aposhyan beginning in 1984. The first training was in 1996. BMP training has generally occurred in small groups (under 30 people) and emphasizes the teacher or clinician’s own embodiment. In 2020, due to the pandemic, we did our first exclusively online Level One training. We had 40 people from 4 continents. Now you can study this material independently or with support and satisfy the requirements for Level 1 certification.
- 4 introductory videos purchased separately here: Embodiment Everywhere!
BMP Level One Training – Video and Live Support Package: $700 – Buy here.
The Video and Live Package includes:
- 17 class videos, each 1 hour and 45 minutes long. In addition, there are 13 shorter videos, totaling approximately 135 minutes. to support your learning.
- 3 live online Masterclass meetings with Susan. These are scheduled every month or so. Currently scheduled: Saturdays December 11 2021, January 29 2022, and a Saturday in February 2022. 11am-12:45pm MT. These online meetings will continue in the future.
- In addition, limited email support will be available.
BMP Level One Training – Video Package – Purchase options:
- Whole Training – $500 – Buy here.
The BMP Online Training videos consist of 17 classes, each 1 hour and 45 minutes long. In addition, there are 13 shorter videos also included,totaling approximately 135 minutes, to support your learning.
OR . . .
- Part One – $200 – Buy here.
Part One consists of the introduction and the first four classes, plus supporting videos. Part One topics include: an Introduction to BMP, Embodiment Practice Support, Introduction to the Interaction Cycle, study of the major body systems, and an introduction to the five fundamental actions.
- Part Two – $200 – Buy here.
Part Two consists of Classes 5 through 10, plus supporting videos. Part Two topics include continuing discussion of part one topics and the addition of the 12 basic neurocellular patterns, the spinal pathway, core flow, the pelvic floor, pulsation, circular attunement, and boundaries.
- Part Three – $175 – Buy here.
Part Three consists of the Classes 11 through 16 of the series, plus supporting videos. Part Three topics include continuing discussion of topics from parts one and two and the addition of attachment, birth, trauma, habitual emotional patterns, sexuality and death.
Introductory Class Video: 1 hr 45 min.
- Embodiment Practice: Ch. 6 BMP, Ch. 2 Natural Intelligence
- Body Systems: Ch. 7 BMP, Ch. 5 (105-122) Natural Intelligence
- Organs: p. 187-193 BMP
- Check in with your visceral organs regularly. Get to know their baseline states. Notice how that changes when you are hungry, full, scared, calm, angry/irritated, feeling love/connection, sad/grieving, dissociative.
- Start to notice postural, movement, voice tone, and emotional shifts in yourself and others that seem connected to the organs.
- Learn the locations of the organs in your body.
- Embodiment Practice with the Body Systems Video 1 – 20 min.
- Embodiment Practice with the Body Systems Audio – 14 min.
Class 1 Video: 1 hr 45 min
- Embodiment Practice with the Body Systems Video 2: 10 min.
- Embodied Endocrine System: 10 min.
Embodiment Practice and Intro to Body Systems, continuing with the Nervous System, Fluid Systems. Embodying the body systems. Deepening our relationship to the systems and body observation.
Class 2 Video: 1 hr 45 min.
- Emotional Sweep 1: Verbal Intro 4 min
- Emotional Sweep 2: First Practice 14.5 min
Observing the body: Demonstrations and case studies. Integrating the Body Systems personally and professionally.
Class 3 Video: 1 hr 45 min.
- Embodiment Practice: From here, everything builds on everything else. We are all growing our Embodiment Practice using the Emotional Sweep techniques as you want to help emotions surface and release. Take your time. No hurry, just supporting your own development.
- Body Systems: In addition, hopefully you are working with growing your awareness of the body systems both in ourselves and in others, seeing and feeling and hearing the links to emotional and psychological processing. There is nothing new to read in this area, just look at the end of the video of Class 2 if you want to review; review the readings in either book; and listen to the audio as you need stimulation with the body systems.
Observing the body. Review 5 fundamental actions. Demonstrates and shares case studies. Introducing the 12 basic neuro-cellular actions.
Class 4 Video: 1 hr 45 min.
- Continue developing your Embodiment Practice, using it with clients/students in slivers or as a whole.
- Continue developing your relationship to the Interaction Cycle for yourself and clients/students.
- Continue developing your relationship to each of the body systems.
- Read pp. 60-72 in Natural Intelligence regarding the 5 fundamental actions. If you want to read Ch. 10 in the BMP book, there’s a tiny bit more, spread out. After that, watch the video of the 5 Fundamental Actions.
- 5 Fundamental Actions: 20 min.
Spinal Push from the Upper and Lower
Class 5 Video: 1 hr 45 min.
- Keep reading, connecting the dots, deepening into your embodiment practice, the interaction cycle, the systems and the actions. Find your own rhythm with your study.
- Spinal Pushes: 4 min.
- Basic Neurocellular Actions: 4 min.
Homologous Push from the Upper and Lower. The Pulsatory World, the Heart and Cell relationship in balance with the nervous system and the Basic Neurological/Neurocellular Actions
Class 6 Video: 1 hr 45 min.
- Homologous Neurological Patterns: 4 min.
Homolateral Pushes. 5 Fundamental Actions (FA) Circular Attunement (CA) Using 5 FA and CA in the Interaction Cycle Spinal Push – Importance and early motor developmental action Homalateral and Contralateral Pushes in Context
Class 7 Video: 1 hr 45 min.
- Spinal Alignment 10.5 min
Spinal Reaches, Core Flow, Developmental Stream, Pelvic Floor Push
Class 8 Video: 1 hr 45 min.
Homologous Reaches, Habitual patterns and the body systems
Class 9 Video: 1 hr 45 min
- Homolateral & Contralateral Crawling: 6 min
Class 10 Video: 1 hr 45 min
- Pulsatory World Meditation: 13 min
Circular Attunement and Interaction Cycle
Class 11 Video: 1 hr 45 min
- Practice Circular Attunement and the Interaction Cycle. At this point, you should finish reading or reviewing both books and the curricular checklist and note if there are still questions.
- Circular Attunement
- The Interaction Cycle Worksheet
Embodiment Practice in relation to Attachment, Birth, Trauma, Habitual Emotional Patterns, Part 1
Class 12 Video: 1 hr 45 min
Embodiment Practice in relation to Attachment, Birth, Trauma, Habitual Emotional Patterns, Part 2
Class 13 Video: 1 hr 45 min
Sexuality and Death Part 1
Class 14 BMP Online Training 1 hr 45 min
Sexuality and Death Part 2
Class 15 Video: 1 hr 45 min
Integrating Embodiment in our Lives and our Work. Continuing with BMP. Closure.
Class 16 Video: 1 hr 45 min
Once you complete the videos, if you would like to receive a Level 1 Certificate, complete the curricular checklist and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.